Mini Puddin' Cups with Graham Cracker Crust

Thursday, February 27, 2014


One of my best girlfriends came over for dinner the other night and I wanted to make a dessert that was diabetic friendly, but not diabetic friendly obvious. Does that make sense? I mean, I didn't want to pull out a bag of sugar free candy and say "have at it." I was at the store picking up the pollo asado Jared was going to BBQ for dinner and wandering around looking for dessert inspiration. I thought pudding would be fun because it's sugar free and who doesn't love pudding?! Next to the pudding are the pie crusts and I discovered these miniature graham cracker pie crusts! I have never seen them before! They're like 3 inches in diameter and freaking adorable. On my way out I grabbed some strawberries (for a killer deal at $.99) and dessert was a go. I probably don't even need to tell you how I made them because it's pretty obvious but I will anyways:


- Make pudding according to instructions on box. I used chocolate sugar free, fat free pudding but you can choose whatever you like
- Fill graham cracker crusts with pudding (I filled each with about 1/4 cup of pudding)
- Put pies in the fridge and let them set up for 5 minutes
- Top with half of a strawberry, or banana slices, or chocolate shavings, or coconut...I could go on forever

Jared was a fan and he doesn't even like dessert! Each mini pie (with everything in it) has about 18 carbs so not amazing, but not horrible either. My blood sugar was 97 when I woke up this morning so they are A-OK with my pancreas.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground