Resolutions...Come On, Everyone's Doing It

Tuesday, December 31, 2013



I've never been big on making resolutions for the new year. I feel like if you have a problem, start exploring solutions to it as soon as possible. I do, however, love the idea of starting fresh and feeling like anything is possible, so this year I decided to jump on the wagon and make some rezzies.

Here they are:

1. Maintain an A1C of 6.5 for the entire year
You diabetics will know what I'm talking about here. If you don't, an A1C test measures your average blood sugar level for the past 3 months. For the past year I have been at a 6.8, which is good, but not great. I've had this disease for 22 years so I know I am capable of doing better. I'll get my first blood test done in March and report back!

2. Lose 10 pounds
So generic, right? I've lost 10 pounds this past year and I feel like another 10 is both completely possible and necessary to feel better all around. More smoothies, less carbs.

3. Be more creative with my clothes
I am totally guilty of the 80/20 rule, especially since my job doesn't have a dress code. I feel like I've become incredibly lazy and always go for the same comfy outfits. I actually have some pretty cute clothes in my closet that aren't being utilized! This year I'm going to make an effort to showcase the booties and give the Uggs a rest.

4. Build up my savings
I'm not sure if anyone has ever told you this, but buying a house is incredibly expensive. Who would have thought, right? It's really scary to see a big bulk of your savings account diminish right before your eyes. Can we all agree that down payments totally suck? In the end, I have a beautiful house but it's still pretty unnerving to not have that financial security anymore. I'm going to try really hard to save instead of spend. Security is much more important than that super cool reclaimed wood mirror that would look perfect on the bedroom wall. Am I right? I'm right, right?

I have a feeling this one will be the most challenging.

5. Enjoy the year
I'm a worrier by nature. I think a lot and my active imagination runs rampant. I have a tendency of letting the "what ifs" get the absolute best of me and I want nothing more than to silence those thoughts. I want to live in the present and as clique as it sounds, just be. 

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve gettin' crazy. I will be in bed, as usual, by 10pm with my phone on silent so all those 12:00 am "Happy New Year!" texts don't wake me up. I need my sleep if I'm going to follow through with all these resolutions.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground