Cinema Under the Stars

Friday, December 13, 2013

Jared and I have never been to the movies together. I know, right? It's not like anything traumatic happened to us either. It's just that Jared really, really doesn't like to go. I've thought about guilt tripping him into it but then I realized he would be all cranky and try to talk to me during the movie. And, well, I don't need that while I'm trying to watch Channing Tatum drop it like it's hot.

One of his main arguments for not wanting to go to the movies is he doesn't want to be cooped up inside a dark room for two hours. I'm always looking for fun new things for us to do in San Diego and the other day I came across something that might solve our problem...

Cinema Under the Stars! It's a little outdoor venue in Mission Hills that shows outdoor movies. It's been around for 20 years, which is complete news to me, and shows everything from Roman Holiday to Magic Mike. You can even book online and reserve your exact seats! Tickets are $15 for non-members so not much more than a traditional theater and hello, you're paying for the ambiance. I can't give it my whole hearted approval since I haven't been yet, but I'm going to check it out one of these days and let you know how it goes. They're showing Love Actually tonight and tomorrow, which is one of my favorites. Hint, hint, Jared.

The only bummer is you can't bring your own drinks or snacks in and they only serve candy and popcorn. I will definitely be smuggling in some trail mix and pulling the diabetes card if I get caught.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground