Oh, the Weather Outside Is Sunny and 75

Monday, December 23, 2013



{via pinterest - source unknown}

Two days, guys. Are you ready? I know as a blogger this is probably a cardinal sin to admit but I'm not a fan of Christmas. I feel like it has just gotten out of hand and can be unnecessarily stressful. Don't even get me started on adults making Christmas lists, either. I'm a big proponent of Thanksgiving where the day consists of turkey (great for diabetics!) and family time. Lucky for me my sister, and with a little convincing, my mom feel the same about Christmas so this year we decided to have a "no gifts" holiday. Absolutely no gifts will be exchanged on the 25th. None. Zero. Zilch.

I will give you a minute to either stop cussing me out or pick yourself up off the floor. I know it seems awful scroogie of us to adopt this tradition but honestly, it's been the best holiday season in a long time.  My stress level has been incredibly low for this time of the year and as we speak I'm baking apple cider donuts (not great for diabetics!) and hanging out with my family.

I'm not saying this newfound tradition is for everyone but it's worth a try if you feel like you've forgotten the real meaning of the holidays and want to get back to those roots. Even if it's only for one year.

However you're spending the next few days, enjoy yourself and give a great big ol' hug to all the special people around you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground