Crate Camouflage

Monday, December 9, 2013

Relationships are all about compromise, right? At least that is what the old people at weddings are always telling me. Jared and I have a seriously awesome relationship. We hardly ever fight. Life's too short to do anything but have fun and love on one another.

He has been so great about letting me decorate the house. He knows it's my thing and clearly outside is his. For the most part, everything has gone smoothly and the house is coming along. There's just on small thing...

The bass. For those of you who don't know (because I didn't until I looked it up) a bass is supposed to make your TV sound better. I really can't tell a difference but that's an argument right there and we won't get into it. Anyways, Jared says the bass stays and that's cool. Here's a before picture of how it looked against the wall next to the entertainment center:


Kind of an little alien eyesore, right? And here's a side shot when you walk into the house:


I mean, it's not horrible. I can be overly dramatic sometimes. I just thought it could use some friends. So with Jared's blessing I camouflaged it.

Ta da!


Doesn't it look way better? The wall needed something anyways and I needed somewhere to organize my 50 Shades of Grey books. And now the side view:


Barely notice it, huh? 

I grabbed some crates from Michael's and stained them using Minwax Dark Walnut from Home Depot.  The whole project costs me about $30. Staining is quite possibly the easiest thing in the world to do. All you do is paint and wipe, paint and wipe like, a billion times. I also highly recommend sealing them. Although it's a pain in the butt, just do it. It adds a little shine and helps with the stain smell. I love 'em! And that is today's lesson on compromise.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground