Picture Arranging Like A Boss

Saturday, December 28, 2013

I wanted to share a fun new project I finished up this past week. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you're off work and in your pajamas until 3 in the afternoon.

Our house is two stories and the big blank wall along the staircase started to drive me crazy. I knew I wanted to do a photo arrangement but I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a combination of pictures and objects like Jenni's or just keep it simple with photos. In the end, I went the easy route and did pictures  because I just wasn't patient enough to wait and collect things. 

I went to Home Goods for all my frames. They're reasonably priced and I was able to sprawl everything out on the floor and arrange all my finds before purchasing anything. I gravitate towards the earthy look so I went for wood, blue, cream and one distressed black frame for a contrast. 

I read a lot of tutorials before I started and they all said to make outlines of the frames and use painters tape to arrange them on the wall before nailing anything in. So I did just that...


Now, most of the tutorials also said to measure everything perfectly. I did not do this. I eyeballed everything and moved it around until I liked how it looked. I don't recommend this if you are a perfectionist. There is a good chance you will get overwhelmed and fall down the stairs.

Another thing I did was put marks on the outlines where all of the brackets were so all I (my boyfriend) had to do was drill right into them.

Here's how it turned out...




I'm pretty happy with it! I have aspirations to cover the entire wall with pictures so I guess that's where a 30-year mortgage comes in pretty handy. Plenty of time for all that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground