Outdoor Lounge Space

Friday, January 17, 2014


I joke with Jared that I'm the interior designer and he's the landscape architect. I know my place and he knows his. I recently went creeping into his territory, however, when I made this nice little lounge outside the back of our house. You see, the way our property is laid out we always enter the house through the back door (just because of where the driveway is). Call me weird, but I wanted to see something pretty as I walked from my car, not just a wall of house.

I ended up getting this bench at Vintage Revivals - the same place we had our table custom made, and the rest kind of fell into place from there. I wanted pillows (Pottery Barn) to camouflage the metal windows and the rug adds color and character. The antique milk crate is filled with fake foliage because this area is covered and doesn't get too much sun. And bonus, I shopped it at my mom's so it was free!

Here are some other pics of the lounge...





See that blue crate over there? It's FILLED with limes and tangerines. I love our house.






2 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen! I admit it was hard to put it outside at first but it adds a nice touch to the backyard and I'm so happy with it.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground