Rustic Baby Shower for Jack

Thursday, January 30, 2014























In honor of my baby love Jack's 6-month-birthday today, I wanted to share some pictures of his baby shower last year. My mom and I went for a rustic theme, naturally. Everything in my life, whether it be design or decor, tends to incorporate the elements of an old barn. I can't help it! It's what I love.

For my sister's shower I had mason jars filled with fresh flowers EVERYWHERE. If you are ever at a loss of how to spruce up an empty space, flowers are your best friend. I used reclaimed wood pieces and vintage blocks and shoes to make the centerpieces which gave the party a very natural, earthy vibe.

Take a look at what else we did:


























We made a garland with some of Jack's cutest clothes. He had a better wardrobe than I did before he was even born. Notice the blocks and flowers on the mantle? Like I said before, excellent fillers!

























I found this blue distressed wood cork board at Home Goods for people to write well wishes or give advice to my sister and her hubby. I made some little cards for everyone out of scrapbook paper and the best part about this activity: the board is hanging in Jack's room now to be used for school projects or pictures. It's a memorable gift to send home with the new mom that is absolutely functional after the shower.

























The shower was large (over 60 people!) and the guests were scattered everywhere. I made this fabric garland to soften up the outside deck with some leftover table cloth fabric. I followed this tutorial and it was super easy! It softened up the outside area and kept the theme prevalent throughout the entire house.

























For dessert, we had a cupcake bar with all kinds of delicious, not to mention gorgeous, cupcakes. Even though my sister was having a boy I still wanted to incorporate some sort of sparkle into the day. I made these metallic heart toppers to go in each cupcake for a fun pop. 

I don't agree with the whole "you can only have a baby shower for the first born" rule. That's just depressing and not fun. Any niece or nephew of mine is going to have a full blown rustic extravaganza complete with wood and shimmer and cupcakes.

With that said, Happy 6-month Birthday, Jack! I know you couldn't care less about all of this but boy, did I have fun doing it for you. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground