Wish List: Wood Beamed Ceilings

Wednesday, January 15, 2014




I've always been really drawn to loft-style architecture. I love all of the exposed fixtures. While our house doesn't exactly represent this style I still want to incorporate one of my favorite elements into the living room: wood beams. I originally thought you needed sloped ceilings to pull this look off but I was wrong! I've found all sorts of inspiration for traditional flat ceilings.

Take a look:




{via pinterest - source unknown}




The funky thing about our house is the whole first floor is basically connected by one giant ceiling, meaning there isn't a clear definition of rooms separated by walls. Adding beams will be a good way to designate our living room space while also bringing in a whole lotta character and warmth.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground