The Great Farmhouse Table

Tuesday, January 7, 2014


{clockwise from top left: via, via, via, via}

I think in my past life I lived on a ranch. Which would explain why I am not at all outdoorsy in this life! I have a weird fascination with bull skeleton heads, horseshoes and anything comprised of reclaimed wood. 

I knew before we even moved into our house that I wanted a farmhouse dining table. I love that they are bulky and distressed and no two are the same, unless they're from Pottery Barn. I started looking for inspiration on Pinterest (see above) and then I started calling around to some independent carpenters in San Diego to price out what we wanted. Mind you, we weren't looking for anything too intricate; just a six foot table with two benches. I almost went into a diabetic coma when I started getting quotes back and they were averaging $1,300.00! 

Even though the tables were beautiful I couldn't justify spending that much money so I went to the next best thing: Craigslist! I ended up finding some stuff at this shop in Ocean Beach called Vintage Revivals. Jared and I headed down there one Saturday and met with the husband and wife owners to discuss our ideas. Their prices are incredibly reasonable for the custom work and it was ready in two weeks! Here it is...


I have to be honest..I really didn't like it at first. I though the top was way too dark. I spent the rest of the day in a really sad mood because I can be irrationally dramatic over furniture like that. But once we got it home I loved it. It's a perfect contrast to the other neutrals in the room and the distressed white legs add the right amount of definition.

If you're in San Diego I highly recommend Vintage Revivals. I would probably be down there right now if it wasn't for number 4 on this list.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground