Ridiculously Easy Egg Casserole

Thursday, January 2, 2014


Back in this post I talked about the fact that I cannot eat a lot of carbs in the morning. My blood sugar goes insane.  I cannot so much as look at a bagel between the hours of 7:00 am and 11:00 am. I needed something for breakfast that would fill me up, keep my blood sugar stable and not be loaded with fat. Enter the egg casserole. This is the simplest and easiest thing to make and it's actually super tasty. I make one casserole on Sunday night, cover it with aluminum foil, put it in the fridge and it lasts me through the entire work week.

Here's what you need and how to make it:

pie dish
non-stick cooking spray
16 oz egg substitute (or egg whites)
meat (crumbled sausage, leftover chicken, etc.)
cheese *optional
salt
pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray pie dish with non-stick cooking spray
3. Add meat to bottom of dish
4. Pour in eggs
5. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese, if desired
6. Bake for 30 minutes

That's it! I make mine with egg substitute because I'm trying to be mindful of my cholesterol and I find that it's just as delicious as real eggs. You could also experiment with some veggies, which I don't eat. At all. I know! But that's a post for another day.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground